Spring Cleaning Tips
Are you ready to hit the ground running, and prepare your home and property for a great Spring?
Below is a simple checklist to ensure that your indoor and outdoor areas are in top-notch shape for the changing of the seasons:
- Clean or replace your furnace filters. A dirty filter can lower the efficiency of your home’s HVAC system. If the filter is reusable, remove it, wash down with a hose and then re-insert. Otherwise, you’ll want to replace it with a new one.
- Test your air conditioning system. If you wait until the first hot day of the season day to check it and have a problem, you’ll probably be waiting quite a while to have it serviced!
- Check caulking around all doors and windows. Improper caulking allows for moisture to get inside your home.
- This is also the perfect time to wash/clean all windows and replace torn or damaged screens as necessary.
- Test smoke and fire alarms, replacing batteries and cleaning dust from the covers.
- You can use binoculars to check for possible damage to the roof. Look for missing, cracked or broken shingles and make note of any needed repairs. For safety reasons, you may want to consider hiring a qualified professional to take care of any repair work that needs to be done.
- Clean gutters and downspouts and make sure they are directing water away from the house.
- Cut back tree limbs and shrubs growing within five feet of the house or that are brushing up against the roof. You will create better ventilation, help dry out surfaces and prevent possible damage.
- Check for and repair cracks in driveway/sidewalk. Spring is the best time to seal cracks in the driveway or any other concrete.
- Pressures-wash your house and deck/patio and bring outdoor furniture out of storage.
By taking the time to prepare your home for spring, you’ll be able to focus more on enjoying outdoor activities, longer days and mild weather and less on household fixes and repairs.
Henderson Properties is one of Charlotte, North Carolina’s most respected real estate firms. We are proud to offer residential maintenance services to the homeowners through the Henderson Properties Maintenance Division. Our commitment to our customers is to provide them with the best possible level of service, at a fair price. We have a passion for perfection.
We hope that you will let the Henderson Properties Maintenance Team be your proactive partner in handling your preventative maintenance and home repair. We offer complete and affordable maintenance and repair services through our own in-house staff and extensive contractor contacts. Our skilled technicians will provide friendly service, quality and value that can’t be beat, from a company that you know and trust. Let us work together to maintain and preserve the value, beauty, and safety of your home.