Selling a home in the Charlotte metro area is both exciting and overwhelming. Preparation is just as important as pricing it correctly, keeping it neat and tidy for showings, and meeting all the contract requirements before closing can be stressful.
When you are preparing to sell your home, having the right real estate agent on your side will help make the process less of a hassle. Not only do real estate listing agents help homeowners price their home correctly, but they also help organize the showing appointments and work to negotiate the best contract terms and work as a trusted, experienced advocate if negotiations become difficult.
Things to Keep in Mind When Hiring a Listing Agent to Sell Your Home:
- Your listing agent should offer you a free market analysis for review. While there are lots of sites where you can view price estimates for your home before you list it for sale, they are not always accurate. Henderson Properties Realtors® know the local market, have access to the freshest sales data and can price your house to maximize your earnings and attract the most buyers. In 2012, sellers using an agent got $40,100 more.1
- Your listing agent will make recommendations on curb appeal and give you staging tips so that your home makes the best impression for prospective buyers.
- Your listing agent will ask about showing preferences and make recommendations on the best days and times to make your home available for showings. They will use the MLS to give these showing preferences to all the buyer’s agents who are going to show your home to prospective buyers.
- A listing agent will take flattering photos of your home to showcase the best interior and exterior features. These listing photos will automatically transfer to the most popular home buyer search engines that are linked right to the MLS listing. Most buyers begin their searches online, so it’s important to ensure your listing includes flattering images.
- A listing agent can help you overcome setbacks that arise during the closing process. If the home inspector’s report or lender brings new issues to light, a listing agent can advise you on reasonable negotiations and act as a buffer between you and the buyers or their agent. If negotiations become heated or hostile, it’s extremely helpful to have an experienced professional on your side to keep negotiations moving toward productive solutions.
- Your listing agent will have a database of experienced, reliable, licensed contractors who help you meet code and inspection conditions, as well as closing attorneys, moving companies, and more.
- Your listing agent can help you transition into your new home; whether you need to purchase another home in the Charlotte area or beyond, or find a rental for your next home.
When you select Henderson Properties as your listing agency, you will work with a listing agent who is an expert at contracts and negotiations. All our listing agents are Realtors®, which guarantees that they will follow the Realtor® Code of Ethics, offering you professional guidance and service every step of the way.