Today is the day! My favorite season is here! I love the fall season. Maybe it’s because I got married in the fall or that my family loves football and I can finally stop sweating at the Panthers games. Everything just feels and looks better during this season.
I put together a “Top 10” list of what fall means to me. Perhaps you can add to the list…
10. The beauty of the season is in the color palette.
9. Football season is in full swing.
8. Certain things like candy corn don’t taste the same in other seasons.
7. Time to wear our favorite sweaters.
6. Who doesn’t love a cozy fire?
5. There’s a chill and crispness in the air that feels good.
4. We break out favorite recipes.
3. Pumpkins and Mums.
2. Anticipation for the upcoming holiday season.
1. Thanksgiving is simple: it is all about the food, fellowship and football!
Here’s a new recipe I found that we can try together. Let’s see if it’s a keeper!
20 minute prep time; 4 servings
1 lb fettuccine cooked (reserve 1 cup of pasta water)
6 tablespoons butter
2 gloves garlic, minced
1 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
1/8 tsp nutmeg
2/3 cup half & half
½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
Cook the pasta according to directions. Cook until al dente
Melt butter over med heat. Stir in garlic and cook for about a minute. Stir in half & half, Parmesan, pumpkin and nutmeg. Stir until heated through and cheese is melted. Stir in reserved pasta water about ¼ cup at a time until you get the desired consistency and it is thick and creamy.
Add the cooked pasta and cook a few minutes until sauce is smooth and pasta is coated in sauce
Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh parsley and more fresh grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
Recipe courtesy of yellowblissroad.com
It’s fall y’all!!