We ask that you review our criteria for approval prior to filling out the rental application. If you have any questions concerning the criteria or application process, please contact a leasing consultant at 704-535-1122 x 210 or by email at ApplicantScreening@HendersonProperties.com
Note: Each person 18 years or older who will be living in the home or co-signing must submit a separate application. This is because credit and criminal background checks are conducted for each individual.
The application will not be processed until the application fee is paid. Remember to include $50.00 per person 18 years of age or older (applicant or occupant). For co-signers and co-applicants, contact the Leasing team at the information above to let us know which applications are linked.
After you have provided all of the required information and application fee(s), we will begin processing your application. The application process can take 1 to 5 business days depending on the timeliness of responses from current and previous landlords and current employers. Application fees are non-refundable.
Please fill out the form below to complete an online rental application:
RENTAL APPLICATION TERMS
**Due to the high demand for our homes, at times, there may be more than one application for the same home. We encourage you to complete your application promptly as well as contact our office directly to ensure the order of your application. Applications are processed on a first completed basis. Applications are considered complete upon receipt of the Authorization to Release Consumer Information form and receipt of two (2) months of paystubs.**
Welcome to Henderson Properties!
Henderson Properties is committed to providing Equal Housing Opportunity for all applicants and fully complying with the Federal Fair Housing Act. Henderson Properties does not discriminate against any person because of Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Handicap, Familial Status, National Origin or Age.Before you submit an application for rental, please take time to review the rental screening policy outlined below. All persons 18 years of age or older, not dependents, are required to complete separate rental applications.
Acceptance of a pet requires individual property owner approval.
- Pet Deposit of $250.00 per pet (Refundable at Move-Out if no damages noted)
- One Time Pet Fee of $75.00 (Non Refundable).
- Pet Rent of $25.00 per pet to be paid monthly in addition to rent.
- Most updated Vet Records.
- Recent Picture of the Pet.
- Breed Restrictions apply with the following breeds not accepted: Rottweiler’s, Pit Bulls, Chows, German Shepherds, Doberman Pinchers, Presna Canarios or any mix of these breeds. This list is subject to change.
$50.00 per person 18 years of age or older (applicant or occupant).
The term “applicant” under this policy means the person or persons signing the lease as a “Tenant.” The term “occupant” in the policy means the person or persons authorized to live in the home under the Occupancy clause of the lease. (An example would be a college student who parents/guardian still claim the student as a Dependent on their taxes.)
- APPLICATION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE
- APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED IN THE ORDER IN WHICH THEY ARE SUMBITTED AND ARE ON A “FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED” BASIS.
Application: Application Fees are paid online as part of the application submission process. Please allow 5 business days for processing of the application. Timing may vary depending on the timeliness of responses from previous landlords and current employers.
Deposit: The standard Security Deposit amount is equivalent to one months’ rent and payment MUST BE MADE IN THE FORM OF A MONEY ORDER OR CASHIER’S CHECK.
- Payment of the Security Deposit and signing of the lease rental agreement are required within 24 hours of application approval for the home to be taken off the rental market.
- Move-in should occur as soon as possible, with required move-in no later than 21 days from the date application is approved. If move-in does not occur within 21-days of application approval, the home is placed back on the rental market.
- Cancellation of the lease after lease signing and payment of the Security Deposit may result in forfeiture of some or all of deposits paid.
- For the safety of our tenants and per our management agreement with the owner, all units will have the locks changed prior to the move in of a new tenant. If an approved applicant requests a move in date within three (3) business days of the notice of approval, then the tenant will receive a $60 charge for the rush lock change.
APPLICATION APPROVAL CRITERIA
Credit Report: A credit report is completed on all applicants with results factored into a credit scoring model. Examples of unfavorable accounts which could impact the overall credit score include, but are not limited to:
- Unpaid Debt including repossessions, charge-offs or collections in an amount exceeding $500.00 in the past 3 years
- Judgements within the last 7 years
- Late payment history (no more than 3 late payments within the last year on credit cards or other loans, excluding Student loans and medical charges/collections)
- Late payments or collections for two years from a bankruptcy file date if applicable
- Eviction filings or evictions in the last 7 years
- Applicants must have a minimum credit score of 550.
- Applicants must have a minimum combined gross income (before taxes) of three (3) times the monthly rent amount.
- Rent plus all long term debt cannot exceed 50 percent of gross monthly incomes
- Verification of income is required. Email any/all documents for use in verification of income to: ApplicantScreening@HendersonProperties.com Examples of verification include the following:
- Consecutive and most recent pay stubs for Gross Monthly Income
- Bank Statements (for the most recent 90-day period)
- Social Security or Retirement Income verification
- Legal documentation supporting other income (such as child support, alimony, etc.)
- Where new employment may be applicable, a copy of “letter of intent to hire” from future employer verifying start date and compensation
- Verification of income for self-employed, retired or unemployed applicants may include CPA prepared financial statements or copies of current and previous year tax returns filed with the IRS and two of the most current bank statements
- Rental history should reflect no outstanding debt to any landlord or management company
- Acceptable Rental Payment History (no more than 3 late payments for any 12-month period in the last 3 years)
A criminal background check is conducted on each applicant and occupant age 18 years or older. The application will be denied for criminal related reasons that have occurred within the timeline identified below prior to the application date. All records are evaluated from the date of disposition.
Offenses include, but are not limited to, the following:
|OFFENSE||FELONY ON FILE||MISDEMEANOR ON FILE|
|Crimes Against a Person (Homicide, Murder, Robbery, Assault, Battery, Kidnapping, Domestic Violence, Child Abuse, Spousal Abuse, Violating Order of Protection, Abandonment, Sexual Assault, Rape, Prostitution, Obscenity, Molestations, etc.)||Declined Regardless of Time Frame||10 Years|
|Offenses Against Property (Theft, Vandalism, Arson, Embezzlement, Destruction of Property, etc.)||10 Years||5 Years|
|Offenses Involving Illegal Drugs (Possession of Drugs, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Possession of Drugs with Intent to Sell, Sale of Drugs, Drug Trafficking, etc.||10 Years||5 Years|
|Offenses Involving Firearms (Possession of Firearm, Weapons, etc.)||10 Years||5 Years|
|Offenses Involving Fraud (Bribery, Fraud, Forgery, Falsifying Documents, Passing Bad Checks, Misuse of Official Information, etc.)||10 Years||7 Years|
|Deferred Adjudication and/or Adjudication Withheld||Approved if Off Probation / Parole for 5 years|
Co-signers are accepted for applicants who have no previous rental history or who do not meet the required income criteria outlined above.
- Co-signers are screened the same as an “applicant” and must therefore meet all screening criteria
- Co-signers are required to sign the rental agreement
- Co-signers may be relatives or an employer; friends may not serve as a Co-signer.
In the event that an applicant has no credit, does not meet the income criteria, and/or where a co-signer cannot be obtained, Henderson Properties reserves the right to require a higher Security Deposit. In this case, the higher Security Deposit would not exceed an amount equal to two (2) times the monthly rental amount. Acceptance of higher Security Deposit would require individual owner approval.
Property Damage Liability Insurance Coverage
Property damage liability insurance coverage, including a minimum of $100,000 of liability coverage for perils of fire, smoke, explosion, water discharge, and sewer backup is a requirement of the lease.
If you have any questions or need additional information concerning how to submit an application, please feel free to contact a member of the Henderson Properties Leasing Team at 704-535-1122 ext. 210 or via email at ApplicantScreening@HendersonProperties.com.
Should you have any questions concerning the request for required documentation for the application and/or status of your application, please contact a member of our leasing team at ApplicantScreening@HendersonProperties.com.