Submit your Notice to Vacate. You will receive an official confirmation with the detailed move out instructions.
Below are the move out instructions which you should follow as you prepare to move, as well as a list of estimated charges for which you could be charged, per your Lease and the State Landlord Tenant Laws, should the conditions of the home exceed normal wear and tear. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Assistant Property Manager at (704) 535-1122 ext. 220.
MOVE OUT INSTRUCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
If you fail to turn in your keys by the said date of move out, you will be considered a holdover tenant. You will be charged rent per day until your keys are turned into our office or eviction proceedings may be initiated.
After you have completely moved out and completed all cleaning, you must turn in ALL keys, garage opener remotes and parking passes to the office at 3030 Latrobe Drive, Charlotte, NC 28211 and supply us with your forwarding address during our normal business hours. If your move out date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday, you must turn in keys to our office the next business day, no later than noon. You will be charged rent per day until the day we receive all keys to the property you are vacating OR 30 days after we receive your notice to vacate OR until your lease ends, whichever is later. If you are on Auto Draft, you must provide the Accounting Department written notice to terminate the draft agreement.
The following list of cleaning requirements should be completed before turning in your keys. This will ensure the best possible return of your Security Deposit. All Security Deposits will be processed and you will receive an Itemized Security Deposit Statement within thirty (30) days of move out and key return. Any balance due, i.e. additional rent for late payments, returned checks, legal and administrative fees, repairs, will be deducted from your Security Deposit and the overages will be billed to you. Attached for your information is a list of estimated charges for cleaning and damages. This list is not all-inclusive and prices may change without notice. For replacements and items not listed, charge will be actual cost.
- Remove all items and food.
- Clean refrigerator, freezer, shelves, crisper and foot guard.
- Leave the refrigerator door open.
- Remove all ice from ice maker and turn it off.
- Clean all cupboards, drawers, sinks, and fixtures.
- Clean stovetop, under burners, oven, drawer, and range hood.
- Clean or replace drip pans.
- Clean microwave.
- Mop floors and clean countertops.
BEDROOMS, LIVING ROOM, FAMILY ROOM/DEN, AND DINING ROOM:
- Vacuum and professionally shampoo and deodorize all carpets. A receipt for the professional cleaning and deodorizing must be provided to our office when returning keys, fobs, pool passes, etc. Renting a rug doctor machine from the local store is not having the carpets professionally shampooed and deodorized.
- Clean baseboards, windowsills, switch plate covers, ceiling fans, and light fixtures.
- Clean all fingerprints and other marks off the walls and doors (front and back).
- Replace any burned-out light bulbs.
- Replace batteries in all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Clean all furnished drapes, blinds, and window treatments.
- Clean fireplace (if applicable).
- Empty closets of all hangers, etc.
- Clean toilet bowls and tanks.
- Clean sinks, tubs, tub enclosures and showers.
- Wipe out medicine cabinets, under sink cabinets, and all drawers.
- Mop floors.
GARAGES AND ATTICS:
- Remove all personal property and trash.
- Take trash can to street to be picked up on next pick-up day.
- Call City Solid Waste Removal (311) to pick up bulk items.
- Turn in all garage door opener remote, mail box keys, fobs, parking, and pool passes/keys with the keys to our office.
- Make sure grass is cut and leaves/debris is removed.
- Clean gutters.
- Trim all shrubbery.
- Remove weeds from beds.
- Replace all air filters.
- Dust vents.
- TURN MAIN BREAKERS TO THE OFF POSITION.
*Please utilize the following prices as a guide for any possible charges. Prices are subject to change without notice. All prices may vary based on appliance brand, availability of supplies and degree of cleaning required.*
Service Charge: $49.00
|Clean Stovetop/Under burners||$25|
|Replace Drip Pans (each)||$10 (each)|
|Replace Stove Burner||$50|
|Replace Stove Knob||$20|
|Remove items left in cabinets/drawers||$60|
|Clean Range Hood||$25|
|Remove food left in refrigerator/freezer||$70|
|Repair/Replace Garbage Disposal||$175|
|Replace Disposal Cover||$15|
|Replace Sink Sprayer||$50|
|Clean Sink Area||$20|
|Replace Sink Strainer Basket||$15|
|Clean Laundry Floor||$25|
|Paint Laundry Room/Area||$150|
|Vacuum Floors (each)||$20|
|Shampoo Carpets||$50 (each room)|
|Replace Carpet||Actual Cost|
|Sand & Refinish||Actual Cost|
|Repair Burns (each)||Actual Cost|
|Clean Windows (each)||$15|
|Glass Replacement||Actual Cost|
|Replace Slats (up to 10)||$20|
|Replace Blind Rod||$15|
|Replace Slats (up to 10)||$25|
|Replace Entire Blind||Actual Cost|
|WALLS/MOLDING – PAINT/REPAIR||(per room)|
|Paint Walls Only||$200 – $400 depending on room size|
|Paint Baseboards Only||$75|
|Paint All Molding||$75|
|Prime for Color Change||$150 – $400 depending on room size|
|Wallpaper/Border Removal||Actual Cost|
|Wallpaper Apply/Removal||Actual Cost|
|CEILING – PAINT/REPAIR||(per room)|
|Water Damage Repairs||Actual Cost|
|Remove Texture/Re-Texture||Actual Cost|
|Replace Chandeliers||Actual Cost|
|Clean Light Fixtures||$10|
|Replace Light Fixtures||Actual Cost|
|Clean Ceiling Fans||$20|
|Replace/Repair Ceiling Fans||Actual Cost|
|Replace Globes||$25 and up|
|Clean Switch Plates/Outlet Covers||$5|
|Replace Light Bulbs (each)||$5 and up|
|Replace Fluorescent Bulbs||$20|
|Replace Smoke Detector||$50|
|Replace Co2 Detector||$65|
|Replace Toilet Paper Holder||$30|
|Replace Toilet Paper Holder Rod||$10|
|Clean Toilet Paper/Towel Holders||$5|
|Clean Medicine Cabinet||$10|
|Clean Exhaust Vent||$10|
|Replace Toilet Seat||$30|
|Replace Toilet Tank Cover||$70|
|Replace Flush Valve||$95|
|Replace Flush Handle||$25|
|Clean Bathroom Floor||$20|
|Caulk Tub/Shower||$50 and up|
|Clean Tub Enclosure||$25|
|Excessive Soap Scum/Mildew||$25|
|Clean Bathroom Cabinets/Drawers||$25|
|Remove items left in cabinets/drawers||$45|
|Replace Sink Stopper/ Drain Assembly||$85|
|Clean Bathroom Sink Area||$24|
|Replace Metal Soap Dish||$30|
|Replace Ceramic Soap Dish||$60|
|Change HVAC Filter||$20|
|Reinstall Smoke/Co2 Alarm||$30|
|Replace Door Knobs||$40|
|Replace Door Stops||$10|
|Replace Door||Actual Cost|
|Debris Remove (per load)||$90 and up|
|Excess Roach Debris||Actual Cost|
|Repair Bi-fold Doors||Actual Cost|
|Repair Handrail||$25 and up|
|Clean Gutters (per story)||$110|
|Trim Shrubs/Trees||$65 and up|
|Clean Crawl Space||Actual Cost|
|Clean Out Storage Buildings||Actual Cost|
|Replace Foundation Vent||$45|
**Charges to be revised at any time without notice!**
*All prices may vary based on appliance brand, availability of supplies and degree of cleaning required.*